- PTC Element for commercial e-mobility, mass transit and industrial HVAC
- Various voltage options including 48V / 400V / 600V (AC/DC)
- High Power
- Delta Fin (low back pressure)
The HRKD series elements are high performance air heating elements, designed for commercial vehicles (e.g. buses) and other industrial applications. The elements employ innovative technologies to provide a high heating power at high voltage, with a low back pressure (DBK delta fin system).
In addition, the elements are engineered for long lifetime under the most demanding conditions. This type of heater features a wide height to width ratio, height 90mm x width 250 – 650mm (customizable). The element has a rigid structure utylizing CAB brazed fins, and should be mounted on a structure allowing some flexibility, e.g. a plastic housing or rubber mounts. All metal parts of the element are live (energised) and proper electrical spacings must be observed in application.
A customized harness can be provided e.g. with automotive style wiring. Customizable assemblies including stainless steel mounting frame and harness can be provided. Banks of elements can be used, meeting a wide variety of installed sizes and powers, e.g. 12kW, 24kW.
Features: (Please see Application Notes for full feature descriptions)
- Power options 2kW – 6kW (5m/s @ rated voltage)
- Voltage options 48 / 400 / 600V
- Airflow (250, 450, 650 CFM recommended for 2, 4, 6kW)
- Protection Class I
- Provision for temperature signalling thermostat